Xpert Exterior Drain Tile System
The Xpert exterior drain tile system is installed along the outside perimeter wall or walls. Depending on the severity of your problem, the preparations for this procedure begin with the placement of tarps 4′ from the foundation walls, that provide placement for excavated materials, 80% of which will be reused as back fill. Removal of shrubs, sidewalks (except vertical walkways which can be tunneled under) and driveways which will be saw cut 3′ from foundation walls.
As excavation begins Xpert’s professional installers will be checking your foundation for any cracks, wall ties or utility entrance holes that could be a source of water seepage as they proceed toward the footing. At the footing, Xpert prepares the bedding for the drain tile (ASTM D2729 perforated PVC) with #6 stone fill, the drain tile is placed on the bedding alongside the footing and is pitched at a ratio of 1/8″ per foot to assure proper flow ratio to its disbursement source. Vertical flush ports are installed at corners to provide future access to the drain tile system for service and maintenance purposes, which are provided by Xpert annually. In most cases, the system is pitched from two points to maintain proper placement against the footer. The drain tile is then brought to a sump pump, inside, outside or it may be tied into your sewer system (which is called a gravity drainage system).
This all depends on your municipality’s code.
The Foundation walls are then cleaned and a waterproofing membrane is applied. A layer of visqueen or Xpert’s sheet drain system is applied over the membrane to seal out all moisture and disburse all waters to the drain tile below. Xpert then adds a foot of #6 stone fill and filters or stockings over the exposed draintile and begins the backfill process by tampering the back fill in 2′ lifts to grade, avoiding future settlement. All excess debris is removed, shrubbery and sidewalks are replaced (shrubbery and sidewalks are based on the contract’s description of work).
Drain Tile Membrane
- The Xpert exterior drain tile system is installed along exterior perimeter.
- We carefully excavate around foundation walls and can re-use 80% of the dirt removed.
- Foundations are checked for cracks or other sources of seepage.
- Drain tile is placed in a bed of #6 washed stone.
- Vertical flush ports installed for annual maintenance which is provided by Xpert.
- Drain tile is fed to sump pump or sewer system.
- Foundation walls are cleaned and coated with a membrane.
- Xpert sheet drain is then installed to protect foundation and provide drainage.
- After a careful backfill process, shrubs and sidewalk are replaced according to contract.