Xpert Interior Drain Tile System
The Xpert Interior Drain Tile System is installed along the inside perimeter wall or walls of the basement. Depending on the severity of the problem, the preparation for this procedure starts with moving washers, dryers and any other movable items away from the wall. Non-movable items such as sinks, hot water heaters and furnaces can generally be tunneled under. Plastic sheeting is used to cover upstairs entrances to avoid dust from entering those areas of the home.
Xpert’s installers then remove approx 14″ of the basement floor from the perimeter walls and excavate down to the footing, removing all excavated materials from the premises. A bed of #6 washed stone is then placed at the bottom alongside the footing where the 4″ SDR35 perforated drain tile will be placed. The system will be pitched at a 1/8″ per foot, with a split pitch from point A to point B to assure a proper flow ratio to its disbursement source. A sump with a 1/3 to 1/2hp ejector pump disburses water to a convenient area outside or directly to your sewer. Vertical flush ports are then installed in the corners for future access and maintenance purposes, which are provided by Xpert annually. The system is covered with a filter and topped off with #6 washed stone in conjunction with the Xpert Sheet Drain System which lies on top of the drain tile and cups the foundation wall leaving a 1/2″ gap for any future cracks or settlement. All floors are then re-cemented and the work area is cleaned. Battery back-ups are optional, but should be considered in areas where there are constant power outages.
- Installed along inside perimeter of basement walls.
- Non-moveable items can generally be tunelled under.
- Floors are excavated around the perimeter.
- A bed of #6 washed stone is placed alongside footing.
- A new perforated drain tile is installed.
- Vertical flush ports installed at corners for annual maintenance which is provided by Xpert.
- The system is covered with a filter and #6 washed stone.
- Xpert Sheet Drain (more info) is installed on top of the drain tile and cups the foundation wall to provide proper drainage and protection.
- All floors are re-cemented and the work area is cleaned.
- Battery backups are optional, but should be considered.
Interior Drain Title SystemContact Us